About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Monday, 12 November 2012

Singapore begins

Paul and I have arrived in Singapore on Friday 9th November. We got in late as the plane was delayed because of faulty air con. luckily as we travelled Premium Economy it was not as bad as apparently the back part of the plane.
Warragamba Dam
The Blue Mountains

Paul in the plane
Sunset over Lake Eyre
So very tired when we arrived as it would have been 3am Sydney time when we got to the hotel.

Our very high bed so we could see out the windows
Paul relaxing in the room
Saturday we went to Raffles for lunch I had a Singapore Sling. Still tastes great. We both had steak and chips and for dessert I had a ginger nougat and caramelised pineapple dish, which was very nice. The hotel is just lovely, so many different areas and looks very lush - I am not sure why I forgot to take photos here think I was just so interested to see all the changes.

Paul's beer and my Singapore Sling
We then went to The Gardens By The Sea which is Singapore's newly opened gardens. We went on a little train thing first around the whole area, it is huge.

This is a very large metal tree with plants growing up it.  There are three or four of these trees
We then went to the enclosed Flower and Cloud sections. Lots of bright flowers , seemed to be mostly yellow ones in the flower section particularly .

Bergonias and Zinnias
Lots of yellow tuberous bergonias
Inside the Flower Section
























The Cloud section gad a huge waterfall as its centre piece and was sort of rain forest plants.Was great and took heaps of photos.

The Waterfall as you enter the Cloud section - it is huge and goes right to the ceiling. Paul climbed the whole way up - not me though.
Looking through the waterfall.  This is as high as I made it.
Pretty fuschia
There where lots of very pretty hibiscus in the Cloud section

We went up to the Club room and had heaps of canapes for dinner.

 Had an early night as we where pretty exhausted.

No comments: