About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Tuesday, Nov 13 - Botanical Gardens Singapore

Today we decided to do the Hop on Hop off Bus. We caught the first one which was the City Bus and went to the Botanical Gardens.
Had to laugh, parking costs 2c a minute, that would be a whole $1.20 an hour. But apparently cars are extremely expensive here.
Anyway, we made our way up to the orchid section. It was truly stunning. I took so many photos, they where all just beautiful.
It was very hot and very, very humid. I was truly melting. I also had a bit of a tummy thing going on so that didn't help.

We found a lovely air conditioned shop up there so had to check it out (oh and cool down). I bought a beautiful orchid necklace that can convert into a brooch.

We then gradually made our way back to the entrance, where there was another cool shop. This is where I bought 3 Christmas Trees for the table (led).

We then caught the city bus back to the hotel.
We had a small lunch then a bit of a rest.
We then caught the Heritage bus. We had planned on getting of at Little India, but it was about to rain so stayed on till we got back to the start. It bucketed down, thunder and all.
One of the streets in Little India
I had a lovely long bath.
Then we had a smorgasbord dinner in Oscars. Prawns, mussels, crab, bugs roast stuffed pork. Sirloin of beef, fresh fruit. And then for desert I had three profiteroles with rum & raisin, pistachio and creme brûlée ice cream. Finished with a hot chocolate.









Bed.

No comments: