But our Christmas party will go on.
Dear Pennie has offered her house for the venue as we are unable to use The Blue Gum as it is booked out.
I eventually got there around 12 yes it was very hot outside and even though Pennie does not have air conditioning it was much cooler in her beautiful old house.
She had it all decorated with her lovely Christmas quilts and wall hangings and table runners. How lovely it looked and so cosy. Where spread out over three rooms all chatting and laughing, some very industrious ladies doing their sewing and crocheting.
We ordered pizza for lunch. Yumm.
![]() | |
| Pennie laughing at someones comments |
Then we had the recycled gift which is always a hoot. The one present that keeps coming back is the galleon - no one wants the galleon. It is very ugly, I did get it one year, never be fooled by pretty furry packaging again. Heather, lucky lady, managed to get it for a second time. The rule is third time you must keep it....
| Heather with her wonderful Prize lol |
The hit though this year was a cat pencil sharpener that meows when you sharpen the pencil. I will leave it to your imagination as to where you place said pencil. Needless to say we where all in stitches over this particular present.
I was lucky I received a couple of very nice fat quarters, some lovely patterns, hmm must check that the instructions are in there (this is a norm for instructions to be missing) and a funny little sewing machine thing with Japanese instructions.
We then had show and tell. There was some lovely quilts again. Some of the ladies had brought along their Bonnie K Hunter quilts. Amazing the difference the colour choice makes to a quilt.
| My Mariners Compass |
By the time we got home I was just so tired from the heat oh and talking that I crashed for a couple of hours.
We had BBQ for dinner and we all ate it out on the verandah.
Great day.


No comments:
Post a Comment