About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Saturday, 1 December 2012

Re: It's Thursday, Nov 29 Chris's Quilt

I spent today with the binding for Chris's quilt. I thought I had joined all the pieces together.
No
So that was the first job.
I had cut them 2.5" wide - well most of them I had. For some reason some of them I had cut 3" wide. So that meant I had to cut them down.
Then I trimmed the quilt back.
I joined all the pieces together made sure I had plenty.
And away I went. By now the heat had started to rise and with that so had the start of a headache.
I did quite well. I was interrupted about four times with reasonably long phone calls and a request from Sharlyns brother to do something for his website. RenewableLNG. I still am not sure what is but know it is good for the environment.
Back to "that" quilt. Well I got to the part of joining the ends together. Do you think I could rember how it is done. Not at all. I had brain drain.
So off to good ol YouTube . I found a great tutorial. Hmm no good I hadn't left quite enough at the start (silly me should have unpicked). So off to another version. This looked more familiar. So start doing it slowly, as by this stage headache is now migraine and heat is Hot.
I should have stopped and come back later, but know I just wanted to finish. Well I cut first side, great. Measured the other side. Fantastic, double checked measurements all cool. Then added on seam allowance - yep. Check that again - yep. CUT. Lay it down
Oh b#!?#*r I cut the wrong side of my seam line. So now it is short by 3/4". Burst into tears.
Ok leave it.
Walk away from the sewing room.
Go and have shower, dinner, cup of tea and some pain killers.
I decide all is not lost. I have plenty of binding left I will show it to a friend in the morning and discuss what is the best thing to do.
Bed with a cool patch on.

No comments: