We thought this was great and we where on our way by midday.
We stopped at Hornsby and bought a pie and a couple of sausage rolls. They where horrible. The rolls where cold and the pie not much better and had the most odd flavour of mint. So we ended up not eating the darn things.
We arrived at Paul and Janes around 2.30 pm. Was just so lovely to be up there. The weather was perfect and we sat out the back and just ate nibbles ( thank heavens) and had a few, the boys just a bit more than a few, drinks.
Janes parents dropped in as well to catch up with us. They are looking very well.
Around 6 we got ready and went out for dinner. Jordan ended up driving us around to the restaraunt as we where a bit late.
We went to Portebello Italian restaurant which is just near the beach and next door to Jane's parents house.
The food was just beautiful.
![]() |
| PD, Hackey, Jane, My meal Jane's Meal |
Then for our main meal I had this amazing dish that had crab, balmain bugs, prawns, mussels, squid, calamari, pippies, fish, beans and carrots in a lovely creamy sauce. PD had the same as me except in a tomato base. Jane had pork belly and balmain bugs and my Paul had veal scallopini. The servings where just huge and amazingly tasty.
Jane talked me into getting a dessert. As I had never had a cannoli before and they where on the menu she said I must have them.
Well two huge cannolis arrived filled with fresh cream strawberries and two scoops of ice cream. I managed to eat the cannolis, which where crispy and lovely. But no way could I fit the rest in. So PD scoffed them down.
We finished the meal with coffee and hot chocolate (for me).
We then waddled our way back to the house which is only a block away.
We sat and had a port and talked more. Jack arrived home from work and we talked to him for a while. Eventually crashing I think somewhere around one o'clock


No comments:
Post a Comment