About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Back home and New Year parties

Fireworks in Sydney Harbour
Paul and I got up around 8.30am we showered and dressed, then went downstairs and sat and mucked around on our iPads waiting for PD and Jane to make an appearance. Funnily enough they thought we were still asleep and where reading in their room.
Well now to get down to the business of breakfast. You will never go home hungry after breakfast here lol.
Dear Jordy made pancakes (her boyfriend had also stayed the night). Jane cut up fruit, poured juice, made cups of tea and coffee and toast. While PD was at the BBQ cooking bacon, eggs and sausages.
We sat outside where it was another stunning day and just relaxed and ate.
Sadly we had to say our goodbyes and return home. With promises to arrange a night in town soon.
We got home about 1.30 and did a bit of shopping in readiness for New Years Eve.
On the way home my tummy started to play up a bit with sharp pains.
So when we got home after I prepared some sticky chicken wings to take to the party Paul and I were going to, I went and lay down. I slept for awhile, but when I woke my tummy if anything was worse.
So that was the end of my party plans. Paul still went.
David had a few of his friends including his cousin Anthony over for a party and Chris was having Alicia over for dinner. So I was not alone.
Gareth was turning 21 tonight so made it even more special for him. The boys ( sorry and Keirans girlfriend Elise )eventually ordered pizza which Chris picked up for them.
They played on one of the game consoles and swam in the pool as it was quite a warm night.
There was heaps of fireworks going off. David as usual made his sparkler fireworks which worked well this year.
People where also letting fireworks off in the park across the road.
I mostly just stayed in bed.
I did get up for midnight to see in the New Year. We had a glass of bubbly for Gareth for his birthday.
I went back to bed not long after
I believe Paul got home around 3 and the party goers downstairs went to bed not long after.

No comments: