About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Sunday, 6 January 2013

Blue Gum with SydSCQuilters and my first Scatterday -W


Today is lunch at Blue Gum hotel at Waitara.There where about 30 of us in all today. So rather a large group. So happy it now has air conditioning and there is carpet on the floor to help muffle some of the noise. And boy are we a noisy lot lol.My show and tell today was Chris's quilt. Was lovely to show Lisa Walton that I had at last finished it, as most of the fabric in it was dyed and purchased from her many, many years ago. Was a lovely day with so much chatter and lots going on.Check out our blogspot SydneySCQuilters for today's activities.



Jan 5 - On The Move - Driving back home, 
 nearly there.











Now I have also joined up to do another photo challenge.  This one is associated with one of the ladies in Scquilters and also with Quilters Down Under Scatterday .  Thanks Cinzia.  So here is this weeks challenge which I am a little late putting on my board as I crashed when I got home last night.

 The letter for this round is W and the categories are 
# Expensive 
# Music 
# Exciting 
 # WIP

WOW! Mum actually finished my quilt.  I started making this quilt for Chris for his 18th Birthday he is now 25 and I gave it to him for Christmas 2012  


Waterfal - This waterfall is in the Gardens by the Sea in Singapore. The sound of Water falling is like music to the ears

My Wedding Ring -  Which for the time was very expensive

W.I.P.- or Work In Progress. Words I am sewing on this block.  Part of a challenge I am in with some friends.  To have this quilt completed by this years Bendigo Retreat


6 comments:

Ozjane said...

Good work ..I looked at the Sydney blog and saw you there. Lovely quillt..you had wait wow and wonderful all in one.
Thought about the retreat but did not know anyone going until too late.
I still will probably need minor help with dressing so would need to room with someone I know.....but will give it a miss this year.
Hope the eye situation is still going well?

Vireya said...

Nice collection!

I always read the Blue Gum blog. You look like you have such a great time there! If I'm ever in Sydney I'll have to try and coordinate is with your meeting.

FlourishingPalms said...

P.S. Might I have met you at the Blue Gum? I visited twice during stays in Five Dock, where our daughter used to live.

Joy V said...

Better late than never Ros. At least you had a lovely at Blue Gums. Like your choices for the 'W' challenge - and a challenge it was, for me anyway. But I got there also. Looking forward to next one.

cinzia said...

Your rings are gorgeous..but that waterfall has me baffled. Is it man-made and indoors?

Ros said...

This Waterfall is actually a man made one and is inside a large pavilion was truly awesome.
I think I may have met you Linda I dont always go but!?
Darn I had hoped to catch up with you again - maybe next time?