About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

It's Monday, Jan 7

Went and saw the "fat doctor" (Gastro Intestinal Surgeon) today to discuss options.
He said "You don't look that bad"  Then he weighed me. Bugger!!  

Anyway after a discussion with him re my health issues etc we pretty much decided that none of the surgeries would really be an option.  I was not going to go for the - cut half your stomach out - option and the other two just weren't viable as he said he has taken out more lap bands than he has put in in the last year. And the other option he was worried about how I would go with the pain associated with the after part.  No surgery as such, just like an endoscope, but apparently it is rather painful for about a week or so and some people just don't even last the week.  

So going to give the Optifast one more go.  Not my favourite but will try.  Takes lots of will power and the first few days are pretty hard.

We also stopped off at our glasses man and he fixed up both Paul and my glasses - sadly out of shape lol.  I also have decided to get a pair of prescription sunnies you never know I may be able to see a little bit better with them.

Paul has been sorting out my net book hopefully now Chris is configuring it to have Microsoft Office on it and I will be able to do all my work on there :-) and get my emails as well.


Jan 7 - Street -  Kent Street, Sydney.  This is where we parked in the city today to get our glasses fixed









4 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, it's good to see pictures of Sydney! I have visited on several occasions and miss it very much!

I'm visiting your blog because you kindly visited mine (FlourishingPalms) and posted a comment. However, I'm unable to reply to your comment because you are a "no reply commenter." You may want to consider changing your profile status so people can respond to you when you comment - or, if you enter blog giveaways, to reach you to tell you you've won!

Ozjane said...

Optifast is a much better option unless you are an absolute glutton and cannot eat normal size meals.
I had the stupid gastric band and the great guru himself told me he was being actively cruel to me to leave the saline in it. Still stuck with the bulge.
But lost 30 kg with Optifast in '11 and only put on 10kg in '12 and that is with two hospital trips etc.....so am back on the shake it all about now..
Go girl go. Bed time is my only hungry time. But we will get there.

Ros said...

Thanks. I was on it about 4 years ago and did loose a small amount.
I bought the wong flavour - vanilla- it is so sweet and tastes horrible. So will have to hunt around for the choclate which I quite liked back then. At least it is half the price now.

Ros said...

Thanks Linda, I have sorted that out - I think lol