About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Saturday, 19 January 2013

Scatterdays and This Week

Well by this time next week we will have a new member of the family

One of these little babies will be ours.  We have decided on another girl to keep Rusty company.  It will be one of the little tric-colour puppies We have already been out to visit once and are so excited.

Yesterday was the hottest day every recorded in Sydney - it got to 46.1C at my house which is 115F far too hot.

Yesterday I went to patchwork class to learn a new pattern.  It is called The Swirl
Sample of The Swirl

This is my teacher Helen Millens sample piece.  I had to laugh - in fact we all did, when we read on a site that it could be completed in an afternoon.  Well maybe if you had cut out all the pieces and had them fully prepared before hand..
The classes are always so fun and easy going.

As you may know I am visually impaired so things tend to take quite a bit longer for me to complete.  But all things considered I did pretty well.


I managed to get three wedges complete before Paul came to take me home.
I am very happy with what I have done so far and hope - if its cooler during the week - to get more finished.

SCATTERDAYS  -  R

This week the Letter is R and the cattergories are
Mammal
Technology
Transportation
Soething Red from my sewing room

Mammal -  Well how could I go past my favourite R mammal in the house
RUSTY my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Rusty Cooling off in the Pool yesterday

Rusty relaxing with  one of my sons

One of Rustys favourite pastimes is swimming in our pool.

Technology - For Christmas Paul gave me a new radio - this one is a digital radio.  I really like this new form of radio


Transportation -  We saw this Range Rover on the back of a tow Truck and just had to laugh.  Not a very good form of transportation at the moment





Something Red in my Sewing Room -  I love my Redwork Angel and she hangs in my sewing room all year.  I just love her watching over me.

17 comments:

Vireya said...

Nice "R" collection.

Gorgeous puppies! I would want to take them all home.

Joy V said...

Like your collection of photos. I want one those puppies!!!!

cinzia said...

Yesterday I would have died for a swim with Rusty

Ozjane said...

I am with you on the digital radio.
And love Rusty and the pups above
help! I cannot prove I am not a robot.
I know I have to see the optometrist but some of these are jolly hard

Liz Needle said...

Great selection of R words. The puppies are adorable. Enjoy your new baby.

Sue said...

Lovely R photos. I wouldn't mind one of those puppies or a digital radio.

Birdydownunder said...

great selection of photos.
love the quilt .. well done.

SueBK said...

Love the puppies. Great photos :-)

Jenny said...

I've always wanted a cavalier - especially a tri-colour, perhaps one day. Love your red-work doll.

OneLittleThread said...

Great pics Ros. Feeling for you in that heat! Alison

FlourishingPalms said...

Ros, you've done a fine job with the letter R! Rusty's adorable (as is your son). Funny, but I also picked "radio" for my technology word... and the one I photographed is red! Thanks for letting me see into your world.

mitchez2013 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mitchez2013 said...

Sorry! I didn't use the spell check!
RR on the truck is a great shot. Clear and candid. Rusty looks great fun. Are the pups Spaniels? I miss our dog, who was a b & w springer.

jacaranda said...

Great Photos, the digital radio looks good. Love your puppies.

blessedspeedy said...

Great photos - Rusty is cute

Anonymous said...

So very pretty.......
I love angels to.
KayD,
Oklahoma

Anonymous said...

I love your sewing room Angel.
I love angels too.
Hugs,
KayD,
Oklahoma