About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Re: It's Sunday, Aug 3



Sunday Aug 3 Amsterdam to Volendam then on to Antwerp 


We left Amsterdam this morning and we are now in Volendam today.

Rather warm walking around. It is an old Dutch fishing village. Really just one Main Street on the wharf.  Lots of tourist shops.

As it's Sunday here there where heaps of locals in all the pubs and being tourists as well.  So the place is jam packed in all the shops.  The back streets are very narrow and rather pretty

I did manage to get some Dutch pancakes (don't ask me to spell what they are in Dutch). 
Oh I managed to slip on the stairs. Didn't go down but hit my arm which now has a big bruise and I twisted my blasted ankle again.  Luckily I have bandage and tape and Jude, our tour director, bandaged it properly for me.
But otherwise having a great time.
It is now 5.15 pm and we are once again on the move.  We are heading to Antwerp in Belgium and should arrive sometime tomorrow.



No comments: