About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Friday, 1 August 2014

Friday, Aug 1

Paris to Amsterdam

Today we leave our beautiful hotel in Paris and travel via the very fast train to Amsterdam

We got to the station a bit early so went to the station shop and had a look round. Paul was happy as he found a particular car magazine he had been looking for.

All aboard the train, which was very comfortable and so begins our trip to Amsterdam.

The train stopped at a few places along the way, but even so the trip went quite quick.

When we got to Amsterdam, as our luggage went on the bus, we were able to just walk down to the dock were our ship was moored.

We arrived about four hours before those who travelled on the buses. I think they got held up along the way as well for some reason as they were due in about an hour earlier than they did.

Our cabin was ready just after we arrived (cabin 211) on the AmaLyra.

Our cabin steward is Oscar, who is just delightful.

We had dinner aboard, together with our group of 70 and also a group of 60 who only started the tour from Amsterdam.

We had dinner on board and an early night

No comments: