Saturday Aug 2
Today we are still in Amsterdam. We went on a canal tour which was very interesting.
Today is Gay Pride day, so there is a boat parade in the canals. Lots of pink is being worn.
We then had an hour to do as we pleased.
We wandered up a street that was pedestrian only. The streets here are manic. They all have bicycle lanes and don't you stand in one of them or you will be run down for shore. The there's the car lane and lastly the tram lane. So not the easiest place to cross a road.
We went to the large department store. V&D I bought a wallet and a hat, both of which I needed. Also bought a very cute bear rattle/blankie toy for when Ash has her baby.
We then walked through the float flower market and back to the meeting point. We then walked to a bus which took us on a tour of the suburbs and we got to see a windmill home.
Tonight is the Captains Cocktail Party and Gala dinner.
I bought a couple of scarves from the ships shop have my eye ona necklace but it is over €100.
About Me
- Ros
- NSW, Australia
- My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment