About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Paintings on the Wall

I visited the Monet exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW on Saturday it was just lovely.  Unfortunately I just don’t have the Grand home to put his lovely paintings.  Mind you, I also don’t have the money to buy his wonderful paintings either – but that is not the point LOL.

Ah! But I have at last got some of my own works up on my walls.  I finished this painting of a possum amongst some pots about a year and half ago and it has been sitting waiting to be hung.Possum & Pansies

It is now hanging at the top of the stair case. I called it “Possum in the Pansies”.

The next pair of paintings are a set of two that I worked on last year.  They took quite some time.

They are titled “Tulips” Tulips 3JPG

This pair are hanging in my back room.  They where definitely a labour of love.

I still have a couple of paintings to hang but am waiting on getting the correct hooks.  I have asked my hubby to get them but have waited for well I wont say how long but it has been years…  I am now going to get a friend to get them for me.  The lady that I go to painting with in fact.

I have had a very productive couple of days – yesterday I cleaned out the pantry.  I was putting something away and decided to wipe the shelf  and .. well I just got carried away.  Next thing you know I had pulled everything out.  I just was so surprised at how many things had suddenly become out of date!!  I mean I had not that long ago cleaned the pantry out.    Well it is spic and span now. 

Today I finished off  hemming David’s curtains.  They are full block out ones.  His window is very large and he gets the full morning sun.  I hadn’t made curtains for that room since we moved in 24 years ago and back then I got someone else to make them.  Now I know why.  I am expecting the new blinds and curtain rails from Kresta shortly and they are going to hang the curtains for me.

No comments: