About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Sailing & Birthday

On Saturday morning Chris and I drove to Manly, he had a gift certificate to go Parasailing.  We met my brother Don at the wharf  where we met the boat.  We where lucky as there was space on the boat for us both to go as observers. It was the most beautiful day – not a cloud in the sky and just a gentle breeze.  The boat left at 10.15.  Chris was the first one up.  Which was probably good as he was a little bit nervous.   He had a ball…

High Flying This is him up high.  You can see South Head in the far distance.

Loving It You can see from the smile on his face just how much he is enjoying himself…

Spirit - Americas Cup Yacht While we where out we passed the 1992 America’s Cup Yacht entrant “Spirit” .  You can pay to sail aboard her on the weekends.  She is just beautiful

There where two other couples that went out on the boat with us and they tandem parasailed.  So we spent about an hour out on the water.  It was just a lovely way to spend the morning.

After we got back to the wharf we went with Don to a funny little coffee shop and had the most lovely fresh made waffles with real chocolate sauce and hot chocolate mmm.   We then went for a walk down through the markets and to the beach where we walked all the way up to the point.  By the time we got there it was very hot.  We walked back and as Chris had a luncheon date we headed home.

Yesterday was my 48th Birthday.  I received some lovely gifts from my family.  Paul gave me a cd clock radio – a lovely small one which is just what I wanted.  He also gave me a turbo head for the dyson vacuum cleaner –yes a funny thing I know but something I had been searching for and did want.  Chris gave me some new ear phones and some choccies.  Ash gave me $40 some of which I have already spent on a years membership to Victoriana Quilt designs . David gave me a new cushion for my computer chair and he tells me he is going to get me one of the Elm Creek novels on CD.  So I was spoilt.  Also my mum, sister and my youngest brother and Chris took me out to lunch at one of our local coffee shops.  Then for dinner, Ash cooked for us all.  As I had been out for lunch I was not very hungry so I did not feel like going out for dinner as I still felt quite full.

  Ros 48th BirthdayHere I am with the cake that they gave me.  It was a gorgeous Chocolate Mud cake and the candles had stars on top LOL.

Today I went out for morning tea with Margaret to catch up on things before she heads off on her epic caravan trip with her hubby.  They leave on Friday and probably wont be back until June. 

So I have had a quite a pleasant few days.

I have also just had a call to tell me that the new blinds will be arriving on Thursday YAH!!!

No comments: