About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Saturday, 3 January 2009

New Year

Paul and I are not long back from spending two lovely days up at Bateau Bay staying at our friends house. PD and Jane, where our Best Man and Matron of Honor at our wedding over 23 years ago. Also staying with us where PD'S brother Mick and his wife Mandy. So we where a cosy little group. The boys went out and played golf yesterday. Which left us girls to stay at home and catch up on all the family comings and goings. As Jane is a school principle and P.D. owns a Real Estate and they have three teenage children to chase around after, we usually only get to catch up with each other during the long school holidays or at parties. So we had heaps to catch up on. When the boys eventually got back from golf we organised a lovely BBQ with prawns, steak, and heaps of salads. Then we talked into the small hours. We still managed to all be up by 7.30am the next morning and everyone was surprisingly well... Not that us girls had a huge amount to drink. But the boys did manage to put a few away. We had a wonderful breakfast of homemade Eggs Benedict Mmmm my favourite. Then as it was Mandy's birthday she had to get back to Sydney - hopefully to be spoilt by all her family (I have since heard she has been taken to Star City at Darling Harbour for dinner). P.D. and Jane then took us on a tour around The Entrance, the new resort at Magenta, back down through Tuggerah and we had morning tea at Terrigal which was just lovely down by the beach. We then went and picked our things up and said our goodbyes. Did a quick stop at a shoe shop to buy some really comfy shoes (Ash says they look hideous LOL but I don't care they are comfy and look good with white pants and three quarter pants.). We had a great trip back down the freeway and we stopped at Pennant Hills so I could go to The Craft Depot and I bought some lovely fabric. I bought a metre each of hand dyes in green and gold probably to go in Chris' quilt. A most beautiful Red Roster burgundy fabric with butterflies and roses outlined in gold (2mtrs) and lastly a metre of a lovely soft silver grey background with pale pink roses Antique Flower Collection by Lecein. I just love this collection it is probably one of my favourites at the moment. Paul had a nice break in the car and listened to the cricket and read the paper while I was in there. Funniest comment when I came out was - What did you buy? My reply - Material....... Ah well back home again and the house hasn't changed. Sometimes you just wish the house fairies would just magically appear and do one of those "House Makeovers". Never mind, I will give it a good going over tomorrow.

No comments: