About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Thursday, 22 January 2009

Project nearly Complete

Yeah! I have a quilt top finished and at my good friend Ellen's’ to be quilted.STACK & SLASH It is a Stack and Slash that I made on a weekend away down in the Southern Highlands with a group of ladies.  About a year ago.  It has taken me this long to get the borders put on.  But I am very pleased with the final resultSTACK & SLASH CLOSE UP

Its funny how after such a long time  when you put something away the colours seem to change LOL.  I seem to remember it being a much softer pastel quilt.  But I am pleased with how bright it has turned out.  I think it will look lovely as a topper on my bed during spring..

I also gave my mum a belated Christmas present.  Her 2009 diary which I painted and decoupaged the front of  for her.  The diary is a very important part of my mums life.  She writes EVERYTHING in her diary.  If someone calls her, or she rings them – down it goes in the diary.  This is just great for her, especially now as she is in the first stages of dementia..  It is very sad to see.  But she has been keeping a diary like this for quite some time.  I think I could go back ten/twenty years and be able to tell you what she was doing or who she spoke to on any particular day.  Now she just writes more info.

MUMS DIARY 2

I have not been too well this week.  I have had a shocking migraine which has effected my good eye.  So no sewing at all.  This along with the terrible heat we have had in Sydney has not made it a very pleasant week. 

I am though looking forward to the weekend as I am going to the NSW Art Gallery to see the Monet exhibition.  So really hope that I am feeling a lot better by Saturday.

No comments: