About Me
- Ros
- NSW, Australia
- My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.
Friday, 7 November 2008
Such a long time
Well it has been such a long time since I have written!! I have actually almost finished that 2nd block in Journey of a Quilter. What a Journey. I have cut out the 3rd block now and even started on cutting out the 4th block. As for Chris' quilt well I have decided after working out all the cutting etc for it that it was going to be too difficult for me (I had enlarged it from lap sized to large single bed) and so now I think I will just have to work on a new pattern in EQ6. Something just a little bit simpler. Who knows he may yet get it one day LOL.
It was the twins birthday yesterday. They turned 17. Boy are they growing up. We gave David a new hard drive for his computer. His was just so old and he is planning on doing computer programming when he finishes year 12. So it hopefully will be worth it in the long run. As for Ash we gave her 5 driving lessons and some extremely expensive swimming costumes. She already had these prior to her birthday and after a bit of a less than happy discussion between her father and myself I relented and we also gave her some moisturiser on the day....
We also took all the kids and Ashleys boyfriend (Guy) out to Hogsbreath at Cronulla
The kids enjoyed themselves, which was the aim.
Thought I would add a photo of our disastrous trip to Canberra's Floriade. It was a lovely 2hr 40min drive down.
Fifteen minutes after arriving, down came the rain in torrents.
We just got absolutely soaked. Even with a golf umbrella. This was a photo I managed to take while it was raining. After ten minutes of this rain the poor tulips started to look sad. After another ten, we just gave up and headed for the car. Drove back to Moss Vale for a quick lunch and then home again. And it was my first trip there and all :o(((.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to blog land.
I thought that was a piece of glorious fabric but I see it is a slice of Floriade which I have yet to catch up with.
Looking forward to following your work. This lady is a special angel and I was one spoilt mortal.
Post a Comment