This weeks letter is Q. A very hard one for me lol.
The categories are
Plant
Night Time
Something Healthy
And on a Quilty note something Quick
A Plant
Quandong or Blue Fig
This is an Australian native that is grown for ornamental
flowers, fruit and foliage
Night time
| Brea - 9 weeks old today |
| Rusty |
Quiet now reigns as my two new friends have decided it is time for sleep. Today was a major breakthrough as Rusty decided that Brea was not so bad after all. He has been growling (well his grumble anyway lol) anytime she came near. Today he decided she might not be so bad, they played chasing's around the backyard for at least half an hour. Made me very happy.
Something Healthy
Quinoa and Carrot Salad
SERVES 2
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cinnamon, coriander and ginger ½ cup quinoa
1 cup vegetable stock
1 tbs currants
Zest of an orange
120g grated carrot
120g grated zucchini
¼ cup roughly chopped coriander
1 tbs flaked almonds
Dressing
2 tbs orange juice
2 tbs white wine vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
Heat a medium sized oil sprayed saucepan over medium
heat.
Add spring onion and spices and sauté for a few minutes.
Add quinoa and stock, bring to the boil and turn down to
a simmer and cook for 12 minutes.
Remove from heat, add currants and zest and stir through.
Cover and stand for 10 minutes.
Spread on a baking tray to cool and then add carrot,
zucchini, coriander, almonds and dressing to serve.
For a warm salad, add carrot & zucchini with
currants. This will cook the vegetables and after standing for ten minutes add
coriander, almonds and dressing to serve.
Something Quick that is Quilty
I made this very quick Serviette holder as a present for a friend this week. She loves butterflies



12 comments:
Clever girl.....I might have to try and copy that pattern....I have one here but they would be nice matched with special napkins etc....I am thinking I think.....LOL.
I have a couple the same from when I started last week. I have not done the last one yet,,,,it will have to be quick.....ha
You did a very nice job of choosing Q items. It was a tough category, I agree! Did you know you can set your blog posts to appear at pre-scheduled, designated times? It's easy to do on the post page. I've got my post prepared and set to appear at 12:00 a.m. February 2. I am sure you can do the same.
Quandong! Well done for finding a unique Q plant (well no-one else I've seen yet has used it, anyway).
Well done, quite different. I have never heard of Quinoa.
Thank you for the yum recipe. Your pups are wonderful. We had a Springer for 15 years and miss her greatly.
Thank you for the recipe, will give it a go, great ideas of your Q's.
Always love quiet.. The quandong was a new one..I'd never heard of it before,
Good set of Qs. The dogs look very queuet.
Thank you for all the lovely comments everyone
Great photos for Q, especially the Quandong - didn't think of that one.
Thanks for the great recipe, Ros - I'm going to try it. I've never heard of a quandong, either. Must find out more about it.
Quandong jam is actually really yum
Post a Comment