Well the Graduations are finally over. I am not sure if I am happy or sad.
It has been such a busy week.
Ashley's’ Graduation Mass on Wednesday evening – which was held at St Lukes Church, Revesby. This was quite a good evening, although rather long. The minister in charge was Bishop Cremin, he was very good and did not go on too much and kept things moving. The surprise of the evening was that my niece Belinda, received the Reuben F Scarfe Award – neither herself nor the rest of her family knew anything about it until we all read the Order of Service. I am so happy for her as she has worked very hard and this is an award to say that she has done so.
Then on Thursday we had Ashley's’ Graduation Assembly – where Ash received her award for Outstanding Achievement in Work Studies. She came 2nd in this course. So proud.
Thursday evening we had David's’ Graduation Mass. This time at St Mary’s Cathedral. Pauls parents, Joanne and John (his brother and Sister) also came. Graduating as well was David's’ cousin Andrew so Pauls other sister Karen and her family where there as well.
Then it was Friday night – Formal Night for Mount St Joseph – well after a lot of preparation that is lol. Nails had to be done, eyes waxed as did legs. Then the decision as to the hairstyle. It was decided that a Grecian look would be lovely. So with that decided off to hair dressers and not too long later she did look stunning. Ash’s friend Holly came over and did her make up. And with that all that was left was the dress and the shoes. She was stunning – but then I am a tad bias.
Sadly it was raining when we left so we could not take many photos beforehand. Here is one of Ash and Chris just before the limo drive.
Ros, Ash & Paul
Ashley's’ dress was more the colour of the top photos rather than the bottom two (professional photos didn’t seem to show the true colours very well hmmm). I was actually wearing a purple top!! But the smiles are nice roflol.
It was quite funny the music they played, I swear I could have been at my own formal. It was music from Saturday Night Fever, Grease, YMCA, ABBA etc. It was quite funny, the kids just love it all. Well I suppose good music never really dies. After some very nice food they danced and we all had a good chat with the other parents.
By the end of the night, I know Ash had to take her shoes off – blisters- as did many of the other girls. But they where made to put them back on to leave, poor things and it was still raining.
So now it is all over – that is except for the dreaded exams and just one more formal.
The final exams start in two weeks….
David's’ formal, not until the end of November

1 comment:
Lovely to see you and the family.
Be proud Mum...you have done a good job.
Hugs
Post a Comment