Well the Botox did not, unfortunately work. It has just been over three weeks now since all the injections. Yes it was just like what you see when they have them for the face lift - but more.
I had about ten on my forehead eight on thesides of my head and about another four at the base of my scalp. And when he said
"This might sting a little" He was not exaggerating.
The first week after the injections was just horrible. The rebound migraine and the pain from the injections was not at all pleasant.
The second week was not as bad. But I think over all I have only had two days where I can say that I had had no pain. That was last week. By Sunday I was feeling terrible again. So I have got in touch with my usual neurologist and after having a chat with him last night. I am to go back into hospital (St Vincent's Private) on Monday for a few days, to have some block injections and maybe try something else.
I must say I was really lucky though for the two days that I was pain free, one of my cousins, Humphrey and his wife, Lois came to dinner. They where visiting from New Zealand and I prepared a curry feast for them. And my sister and her family came over for desert part of the meal.
We had just a lovely evening (except when the dogs decided to have the worst fight they have ever had, how embarrassing). We had Butter Chicken, Satay Lamb, Beef Korma, Boiled Rice, Banana and Coconut, Cucumber and Yoghurt, Mango Chutney and Alicia (Chris’s girlfriend) brought some Naan Bread. For desert I made Apple Crumble which we had with custard, ice cream and cream there was also some mango and pineapple. Everything went down a real treat.
Especially the apple crumble, which I thought I would share the recipe below. I actually doubled the crumble mix as I had a large can of Pie apples and a bigger dish. I also sprinkled on Demerara sugar on the top and it added that extra crunch.

No comments:
Post a Comment