About Me

My photo
NSW, Australia
My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.

Sunday, 8 February 2009

Hot but Lovely Weekend

 

What a weekend!  How hot has it been in Sydney this weekend?  It has been around the 40C (104F) mark here during the day and at night it hasn’t got any cooler than around 23 C or  73F.  So sleep has not been very easy to come by unless we have the air conditioning on as the house has been so hot.  At least there seems to be a bit of a breeze at the moment which is giving a little relief.  It has just been terrible with the fires down in Victoria.  Now with 84 confirmed deaths.  It is just horrendous..

On to happier things – On Saturday I went along to the Sydney SCQuilters monthly get together at Blue Gum.  I was collected by the lovely Kate at 9.30 and after a lovely drive through the city we made it to, luckily, a lovely air conditioned room full of ladies.  We had a lovely day of chat and show and tell.  There where some stunning quilts displayed this month.  check out the blog to see what was on show.  I finished off my second block of  my “Journey of A Quilter” .  So I thought I  would put pictures up of my first two completed blocks.

Block 1This is Block 1

Block 2Here is Block 2 which I just completed.

We left around 3pm and on our way home we made a short detour to The Craft Depot and a did a little damage in spend some of my birthday money and bought just a “little” bit of fabric for a project that I am planning.  It is a wall hanging called “Bubbles”

Bubbles Fabric

As you can see I am going to do the pattern in blue/white/green and not how the original pattern is in black/white/red.  Had a great time choosing all the material.  I might still have to add a few more VBG. 

When I got home it was still so hot.  Paul decided it would be a good idea to test out the new cook at the local pub rather than cook dinner at home.  So as Chris is away on holidays with his girlfriend and Ash was out for the night.  We took David with us and we also went with out best friends Ian and Jo.  Turns out the new cook is not too bad.  Very limited menu but the food was good which is all you can ask.  By the time we got home I was truly exhausted and I just went straight to bed and crashed. 

 

Today has just been a nice quiet day.  Slept until late and just pottered around the house sorting the washing etc.  I have the vet coming tomorrow to check Tia out as she seems to have a very sore back.  She has been so uncomfortable for the last few days.  I had hoped she would just get better by herself, just with some rest, but no such luck.  Keep your fingers crossed that she will be OK.

No comments: