About Me
- Ros
- NSW, Australia
- My family is everything to me - husband and three grown children. Eldest son just married in April 2013. My daughter is also now engaged. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Rusty is my old fellow and we also now have Brea who is a Devil. I love craft. I am into patchwork, painting and just discovered ATC's and tags and now Zentangles. But with no sight in my left eye and limited sight in the other sometimes it can get tiring. I spend way too much time on the computer. But couldn't do without my internet friends.
Friday, 26 December 2008
Merry Christmas 2008
Well I have had a busy Christmas again. It started on the 21st with my family here for a "last minute" Christmas BBQ dinner. Everyone came except one of my nieces, so all in all we had 21. Not bad with only one weeks notice....
It all went pretty well except my sil arrived an hour early!!! So this sort of put things into a bit of a turmoil as I was not quite ready and neither Paul or Chris where at home at this stage. But in the end I think it all went off pretty well.
As usual there was the last minute Christmas shopping on Christmas eve for the presents that I still hadn't been able to able to get out to buy . But all was wrapped and ready by 10.30pm - I think a new record for me LOL.
Christmas morning we arose early to go to mass at the local catholic church. Interesting sermon - film reviews on Pinocchio and The Notebook!!??? Not quite what I was expecting.
Then back home to the fun of watching the kids (17, 17 & 21) unwrap their presents. They seemed to have a wonderful time and I really don't think they will ever grow out of getting their "gift from Santa". As on Christmas Eve when my daughter was checking out the parcels she said
"Hey mum how come David has a present from Santa and I don't??'
It actually was a little joke with David and I, but as she was so disappointed and I still had some chocolates and her boyfriend was helping me wrap some of the presents so he said he would wrap them and write on the card .
I received some wonderful presents, powder and a butterfly fridge magnet from Ash, Tea, Choccies and a Potato Ricer from Chris and Paul - a huge new flat screen TV for my bedroom. David is waiting till after Christmas as he wants to use his own money from his new job at Go-Lo.
I feel truly spoilt and blessed .
For lunch we went to Paul's' parents house for the usual hot Christmas lunch of pork, turkey, chicken and ham. Plus her famous Plum pudding with real home cooked custard. You don't go home hungry from there...
Then of course the family (19 in total) all get in a big circle to open our presents.
It is a wonderful time of fun and laughter.
Today has been a day for rest and recuperation. Although it has been very hot and we have done a lot of tidying up.
I had hoped to put up some photos but I am having some problems with my camera - I need a new cable - so until I can work out what to do about that it will just be me writing I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment